When you change your environment, your habits are easier to change and weight loss is within your reach. You can transform your body by changing your environment. You do not need the willpower to get you through the tough times and you do not go on autopilot picking the easiest thing or the thing that you always pick. This is something that your brain does as a shortcut mechanism. Changing your environment helps to bring you new choices and they become easier to make because they become the easier choices—the new autopilot choices.
You just have to put some minimal work into making your environment change so that those choices are right in front of you. For example, keeping fresh fruit and veggies on the counters and tables. Seeing them and having them readily available as a snack when you are hungry will make it easier to have a healthy snack.
This is the first in a three-part series on how to transform your body with environmental changes that you can implement that will have an immediate impact on your body.
How to Transform Your Body From The Experts:
- Have an athlete-friendly meal subscription. Someone else prepares and cooks a meal that’s healthy and brings it to you. Athlete-friendly meals double the lean protein and have fibrous veggies.
- Keep the ice cream, cookies and chocolate out of the house and bring an array of colorful fruits and veggies in, in their place. If you keep the cookies and ice cream out of the house, when it’s time to watch TV, you would have to get up and go to the store to get your fix. It’s far easier to not eat them and choose something healthy you do have in the house.
- Use a meal plan and work with a template. Plan your meals days in advance so you know what you will be eating and can plan for shopping trips.
- Keep chopped ready to eat veggies in the fridge storage restaurant style. Clean out a crisper and chop veggies and cover them with a damp paper towel. You will always have them ready for a quick snack no prep required.
- Transform your body by treating grocery shopping like surgery. Shop with a basket not a cart for an extra work out. Try to shop the perimeter of the store and ignore the processed prepackaged center aisles. Get in and get only what you need. This works well if you use it in conjunction with your planned meal template.
- Keep shake ingredients ready in the freezer. If you have greens in the fridge that are ready to go bad, put them in a gallon sized zipper bag and freeze. Crush them to make flakes to add to shakes.
Other Related Resources:
For more expert opinions:
For more related content from COOR Wellness:
About COOR Wellness
If you’re interested in scheduling please call 970-712-6059 or book an appointment online